Friday, January 15, 2010

Something to sooth our nerves .... Hope?

Dear Friends,

After all the negative news in this world, we need something to sooth our nerves. How about Hope?

Here is the classic "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Doris Day. I find her singing soothing and sweet.



Here is how it has evolved over the years. Eric Clapton, with a more groovy version -



Now contrast it with the serene mood conveyed by Israel Kamikawiwo'Ole "IZ". When I first saw this video, I fell in love with it, all at once, and kept listening to it.



Or, do you prefer the classy version from Leona Lewis?



Then, there is Connie Talbot, the personification of HOPE, and the future of the world. Connie is 6 years old, and this video shows her competing in "Britain's Got Talent" show, with ..... you got it, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". And the audience loved it! Do you?



Is there hope in this world? Can we live on hope? Connie Talbot lost to Paul Potts, but she is still a star today, with a number of published albums to her name.

I think we must have hope. BUT, do not rely solely on hope. Take action. Luck favors the prepared and the bold.

Whichever version of the song you like, this song is evergreen. One of the best songs ever, in my opinion. Me, I like all versions, depending on mood. I just love this song. Enjoy!

Best wishes,

Ooi

1 comment:

Praesciens said...

Thank you for your kind compliments. I wish you great success in your trading.