Sunday, January 24, 2010

Comment Verification Requirement

Dear Friends,

I have added a Comment Verification Requirement as a security measure to protect against nonsensical comments on my blog. I really regret having to do this, but I am sure you will agree that protecting you from reading nonsense is important.

I really don't understand why anyone would do such things on other people's blogs, and I do hope that these people will be prosecuted for trespassing on the property of others one day, which by the Law of Torts, it is.

A blogger is like someone who holds an open house for people to come to his property, but that doesn't mean that that such an invitation gives anyone and everyone a license to come and sell things at his home, or to contaminate his property with all kinds of nonsense. The common Law of Torts protects us legally from such trespassers.

Even if the world cannot trace all of these people today, we live in a computerized environment, and one day, ALL of these people who make a nuisance of themselves will be traced. I hope the Governments of the world will cooperate and charge each and every one of them retrospectively. The long arm of the law will catch up with the evil doers one day, especially when some Government websites have been messed up big time.

Meantime, I thank you, my readers, for your understanding on this issue.

Best wishes,

Ooi

No comments: